02 9635 5333

02 9635 5333


Partner and 457 visa holders may be eligible for permanent residency after two years.

Find out which pathways are open to you.

Permanent Residency Applications & Assistance

How do I apply for permanent residency?

There are three main pathways to obtaining permanent residency – employer sponsored migration, skilled migration, or family migration.

How soon can I qualify?

There’s no easy answer to this question. The pathways to achieving permanent residency depend on the visa program you apply under and your circumstances.

However, as soon as you’re eligible for permanent residency you should apply because regulations or your circumstances may change rendering you ineligible or unable to meet the criteria that you previously did meet.

What’s the process?

You’ll need identification documents (passport, birth certificate). If you’re applying for a work or skilled visa, you’ll need to supply evidence of work qualifications and work experience.

If the visa is related to your relationship with an Australian you’ll need documents to establish that relationship. These documents vary depending on the visa you apply for.

How long does it take?

It varies. The Department of Immigration publishes service standards concerning visa processing times.
To assist the Minister’s delegate in their determination and to ensure your application is processed as efficiently as possible we prepare comprehensive submissions and submit supporting documents to demonstrate that you are eligible for permanent residency.

Related content


Sponsoring a loved one

The Department of Immigration queried their relationship. Our immigration lawyers had the decision overturned on review.


Fast track your visa

Tips to help you successfully migrate to Australia.

Our other services


Buying a house or business

Buying or selling a home, investment property or business is one of the most important transactions people will ever make. We coordinate the entire transaction.


Employment contracts

We can provide strategic advice in negotiating or drafting your next employment contract. Or, in the event of a breach of contract, we can advise you of your rights.


Make or update a will

It is vitally important that you have a current will and that it is updated every time your circumstances change.


Family law

We offer a comprehensive range of family law and de-facto law services.

  • Find Us

Suite 3, Level 1,9 George StreetParramatta NSW 2150